Thursday, October 21, 2004

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy

It’s one of these things which was much easier than I thought it would be. Blogging, that is. In fact as Biz Stone says in in his new book, 'It's you! On the web!'

I have a colleague at work who was positively evangelical about the things. Has his own, persuaded me we should have one on our site, regularly sends me articles about trends in the medium. I’m not entirely sure what made me fire up Blogger.com late one day at work and try and start my own. But within days (hours?) I was hooked. It was like I suddenly got it. And, not content with posting my own, relatively timid, musings on
Scrinson I started to look about to see what else was out there.

Having spent the last seven years taking editorial responsibility for creating and publishing dozens of websites, all of a sudden I was making my own! I think that’s what gave me such a kick. And it was a skoosh! Casting back to a one-day introduction to web production I had taken back in 1997 or so, I even remembered some of the fundamentals of html and managed to do some rather nifty things with moving text from left to right and working out how to tweak some bits of code (get me!!) in order to re-size fonts in
Flickr photo uploads.

Of course when you’ve worked with (wonderful) web designers and producers for this many years, you’re never quite content with the finished product. I revisit any posts I do on my personal Blog at least once after I've published. Which is quite anal.


But I still love seeing the stuff online. Even if my friends and colleagues think I've joined a rather geeky gang late in life. But hey. THEY'RE not going to California in ten days...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Well done you :)

You'll be playing MMOGs next ..

Alice. x

November 4, 2004 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home